Expanding your audience on Facebook: We all know that over the last year Facebook as decided to cut back on who can see your Facebook page posts and if they even show at all. We have been researching this issue as we know it is annoying users including us.
Whilst researching we came across a lovely blog post from a women called Andrea Vahl, we felt her post hit it right on the nail and we had very similar ideas in mind. For you guys that haven’t seen her post, we have included some of her top tips below. You can also find more of her tips at http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/facebook-page-likes/
1. This is a powerful tactic to a make a live connection with other Page admins who have a similar demographic to yours and cross-promote each other.
2. Content is still king and when people share your content, your Page name travels with it. Think of new ways you can add original photos as part of your content.
3. Tag Your Page From Your Personal Profile. Post about your business occasionally on your Personal Profile. If you tag your Business Page (type “@” and then start typing your Page name until you can select it from the drop-down menu that appears) rather than share the status, people who mouse over your Page name in your post can easily like the Page right from your update.
4. Link Your Profile to Your Page. If users are searching and finding your Personal Profile on Facebook, you want to make it as easy as possible for users to find your Business Page as well.
5. Add Facebook to your email signature, you never know someone may decide to click on it to see what you have on your page. You have nothing to lose!
6. Participate on other Pages where your audience is already having conversations. Find complementary Facebook Pages and like them as your Page, then watch your Page home feed and comment on the posts.
7. Running a contest is also a great way to promote your product or service in a fun way. Running a contest with a like-gate on your contest app also gives you the ability to make sure people like your Page before they enter. And it’s a great way to get folks on your email list to come over to your Page to like you and enter your contest.
8. On the Business Pages I have seen, a Like Box is one of the largest sources of likes for the Page if the website gets good traffic. It’s very easy to add a Like Box—just go to the Facebook Developers site, add the URL of your Facebook Page, configure the settings for how you want your Like Box to appear and click Get Code.